So, what version of SharePoint 2007 is on this server? Sounds like an easy question, doesn’t it? Oh, I forgot, this is SharePoint!
SharePoint Server 2007 (including MOSS 2007) or WSS 3.0
- Central Administration > Operations > Servers In Farm > Database Schema Version – You will see the Database Schema Version in the top of the screen and a list of servers with the version numbers listed in the relevant column against each server in the farm
- Site Settings > Modify All Site Settings > Site Information > Database Schema Version – You will see the schema version of the site content database
- Query the Versions table of the farm configuration database – The entries in this table will show the version number and the date it was applied to the farm
Misleading Methods – The following methods are documented all over the web, but your results may be misleading
- IIS Web Site Properties > HTTP Headers Tab > Custom HTTP headers box which displays a version number – This shows the build version of MOSS at the time the Virtual Directory [Web Application] was created, which is probably not what you’re looking for.
- Add / Remove Programs – Select Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 or Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 > Click here for support information. This will show the current version of the software installed on a WFE server, but it does not always update and may differ from other servers on the farm. For better results, use the methods listed above instead.
|Cumulative Update KB956056 & KB956057||18.104.22.16827|
|Infrastructure Update KB951695 & KB951297||22.214.171.12418|
|SP1 + KB948945||126.96.36.19903|
|SP1 + KB941274||188.8.131.5201|
|SP1 + KB941422||184.108.40.20600|
|October 2007 public update||220.127.116.1139|
|August 24, 2007 hotfix||18.104.22.16836|
|Beta 2 TR||22.214.171.12407|
|Office 12 PDC Pre-beta||126.96.36.1991|
Running a Prior Version Of SharePoint?
If you’re unfortunate enough to be running an older version of SharePoint (SharePoint Portal Services 2003, 2001, SharePoint Team Services, or WSS 2.0), please see SharePoint Portal Services / Team Services – Determine Service Pack Version.
- Bobby Habib – Getting the correct MOSS / WSS version for each server in the farm
- Penny Coventry – How to find the level of SharePoint you’re running
- Dave Hunter – SharePoint 2007 Versions
|del.icio.us it!||digg it!||reddit!||technorati!||yahoo!|